Full Stack Java Developer
- Herndon, VA
Java Developer (Full Stack) – Herndon, VA
JCDS is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer who will be supporting the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Grants Outcomes (GO) program. Under the FEMA GO program, the team will be responsible for simplifying the grants life cycle process and improving the allocation of grants funds across the emergency management community.
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Performing architecture and design of large software components under the supervision of a Software Architect.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Develops and executes Accepted Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- 3+ years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack).
- Extensive working experience of developing java web servers (SOAP or RESTFul) using the Open source frameworks, e., Axis, CXF, and JAX-WS.
- Extensive working experience in XML technologies, e., XML, XSD, XSL and JAXB, etc.
- Working experience in testing frameworks JUnit/TestNG.
- Working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban).
- Experience of JIRA or Rally.
- Knowledge of Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber.
- Experience with development in Cloud and DevOps.
- Experience with or exposure to CI/CD tools such as Ansible and Jenkins.
- Ability to work and deliver under challenging deadlines and constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience.
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Monday, February 4, 2019