- Arlington, VA
Data Engineer – Arlington, VA/Remote
Our innovative customer is working to modernize the way the agency uses big data and data analytics to meet its investigative mission and objectives. The candidate will support the development of an agency wide analytics platform and the development of customized applications and tools to meet mission-focused use-cases, using cloud and primarily open source technologies. This position works within the agencies Innovation Lab, an environment for the reimagination of systems and applications that better enable the agency to accomplish its mission through creativity and collaboration. We empower our team to be creative, innovative, and use cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain solutions and applications focused on data ingestion, data processing, data analytics, and ETL.
- Building data processing and ETL pipelines to automate and, perform routine ETL functions, using NiFi, leveraging microservices, enrichment, and normalization services.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain data extraction, enrichment, and normalization solutions leveraging REST APIs or Kafka.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining software, applications, and data pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with government client, project managers, and on agile cross-functional development teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or related fields.
- Two (2) years of professional experience developing, testing, and implementing data ETL pipelines, preferably using a tool such as NiFi.
- Two (2) years of experience designing and implementing ETL solutions in medium to large enterprise systems.
- One (1) year of experience developing applications leveraging big data technologies including at least two of the following:
- One (1) year of experience leveraging NiFi to develop complex data pipeline and ETL processes within a large enterprise system.
- Expert level skills with:
- Intermediate middle-tier and back-end development skillset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high tempo office environment on cross-functional development and project teams.
Wednesday, June 16, 2021