Cyber Security Team Lead
- Bethesda, MD
Cyber Security – Team Lead – Bethesda, MD
We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Lead a team of 3 to 5 security resources.
- Responsible for determining enterprise information security standards. Develop and implements information security standards and procedures. Provide tactical information security advice and examining the ramifications of new technologies. Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Build a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization.
- Creates a culture of cyber security both within the IT organization and driving behavioral changes for the business.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events involving electronic protected information.
- Ensures that the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the institution/organization complies with administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with organization senior management and delivery teams to establish governance for the security program.
- Responsible for periodic information security risk assessments, mitigation and remediation and for the development and implementation of security risk management plan.
- Coordinate responses to information security audits.
- Serves as information security consultant to all departments for all data security related.
- Conduct risk assessments, develop risk mitigation strategies, provide guidance for securing information systems, communicate deficiencies and mitigation strategies to high level clients.
- Review policies, alerts, guidance, regulations, and technical advances in IT security management and research policies, guidance, including NIST and OMB, as necessary.
- Provide detailed, expert-level consultations with the prime contractor, security management staff, system owners, and other client staff.
- Perform SA&A quality assurance for packages and provide technical and procedural guidance for SA&A processes.
- BS degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
- Team lead/management experience.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on security and infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience in federal information security laws, including but not limited to FISMA, NIST, PCI and all other applicable regulations.
- A Security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other healthcare industry related security credentials preferred.
- Ability to independently resolve widely varying complex problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Able to support and work the necessary hours to finish critical work. Must be willing to occasionally travel to client locations,as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019