- Arlington, VA
Data Architect – Alrington, VA/Remote
Our innovative customer is working to modernize the way the agency uses big data and data analytics to meet its investigative mission and objectives. The candidate will support the development of an agency wide analytics platform and the development of customized applications and tools to meet mission-focused use-cases, using cloud and primarily open source technologies. This position works within the agencies Innovation Lab, an environment for the reimagination of systems and applications that better enable the agency to accomplish its mission through creativity and collaboration. We empower our team to be creative, innovative, and use cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Perform duties as the technical expert and SME for the program Architecture Team, the team is comprised of senior members from across the program.
- Responsible for technical planning, strategy, and coordination for contract-wide projects.
- Technical design of complex application and solutions for the client using open-source and commercial tools.
- Ensure that all development is conducted in alignment with the program platform design and standards.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team, leveraging advanced well-rounded and advanced technical and leadership skills.
- Mentoring and directing Junior/Mid-level developers related to technical tasks and agile project development best practices and processes.
- Work collaboratively with government client, project managers, and on agile cross-functional development teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or related fields.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience developing and testing software.
- Six (6) years of experience developing production applications using at least one-of the following computer languages:
- Five (5) years of web-development experience including experience writing web applications using HTML5, CSS3, and Java Script.
- Four (4) years of experience conducting analysis and design for medium to large enterprise systems.
- Two (2) years of experience developing applications leveraging big data technologies including at least one of the following:
- Two (2) years of experience developing enterprise level production tools built with:
- Two (2) years of experience leveraging CICD tools such as:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in front, middle, and back-end development.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high tempo office environment on cross-functional development and project teams.
Location: Arlington, VA (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work has been suspended until further notice)
Wednesday, June 16, 2021