Senior Cost Analyst/Estimator
- Washington, DC
Senior Cost Analyst/Estimator – Remote/DC
The Sr. Cost Analyst will be working with an existing government technology refreshment program to upgrade and maintain the Information Technology (IT) enterprise infrastructure that supports aviation safety. This IT infrastructure includes automation hardware, software, and communication components that support safety data and applications. Preferred candidate will have experience in legacy data center versus cloud computing cost models. This work includes performing analyses and producing documentation in support of program's business case for funding approval. All deliverables subject to client's direction and approval.
Develop High-Confidence Lifecycle Cost Estimates:
- Work with federal IT staff and industry to evaluate and document program requirements, assumptions, and develop total cost of ownership estimates associated with implementing enterprise solutions over a 10-year lifecycle.
- Design and develop Excel-based cost models, estimates and methodologies for hardware/software, services, materials, contractor and Federal staffing.
- Develop multiple what-if scenarios within the cost model and provide client recommendations to support decision-making.
- Ensure accuracy, transparency and completeness of cost models to comply with independent evaluation requirements.
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) documentation for all cost analyses.
- Communicate status, issues and cost estimating processes using MS PowerPoint.
- Produce risk-adjusted, high-confidence lifecycle cost estimates through Monte Carlo simulations using software such as @Risk or Crystal Ball.
- Support the transition of cost estimating products into budget-ready documents by time-phasing quantities and dollars over the life of the program and developing/applying appropriate inflation indices.
- Identify potential efficiencies that could reduce or eliminate costs.
- Work with team to develop cost strategy for overall program implementation and lifecycle.
- Produce documentation in accordance with FAA's Acquisition Management System (AMS)
- Prepare documentation and presentation materials for executive briefings. Deliverables produced must adhere to client's guidelines and templates.
- High Level proficiency in MS Office software suite
- Expert level Microsoft Excel experience
Minimum Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting or Finance is required.
- Certification: Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA), highly desired
- Experience: 15+ years' experience
- Relevant experience in performing detailed cost analysis of IT technology projects/programs.
- Experience costing projects that involve consolidating or closing data centers, moving applications to the cloud, and the modernization of infrastructure and applications.
- Ability to independently perform research across multiple subject matter areas affecting an IT cost analysis.
- Expert ability in collecting and assimilating data to perform and describe quantitative and qualitative analyses that form the basis for the business case presented to stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in cost estimating as demonstrated by production of multi-year cost estimates of over 10 million dollars in value for a Federal Government customer, serving as the lead analyst / estimator if working on a team.
- Recommend actions through analysis and interpretation of data, including comparative analyses of existing cost models to new plans and forecasts
- Demonstrated customer service focus and outstanding level of professionalism
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to details and accuracy while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and prioritization skills to ensure successful coordination of activities and information across multiple organizations.
- Ability to present and translate technical and complex concepts effectively through all channels of communication.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Tuesday, November 17, 2020