Senior Communications Specialist
- Washington, DC
The Strategic Communications Specialist will provide communications support to the Communications Program within the FAA's Office of Information Technology (AIT). This Communications Program is responsible for developing and executing AIT's external communications program (targeting AIT's customers, FAA personnel) to support core IT services, introduce new IT products/services/tools/capabilities, and ensure FAA personnel are informed of enterprise IT initiatives through general awareness and targeted messaging, leveraging numerous FAA print and web-based communications channels. In addition, the Communications Program is responsible for AIT's internal communications program, designed to inform and engage AIT employees while helping them understand the organization and how they fit into it. The Strategic Communications Specialist will assist the AIT Senior Strategic Communications Program Lead with executing all aspects of AIT's Communications Program, including writing, editing, and publishing content using the FAA's print and web-based communication channels, publishing a monthly newsletter, and supporting AIT employee events
Technical Skills & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the AIT Communications Program through the development of communication plans and execution of print and web-based communications
- Synthesize IT program/project initiatives to develop key messages and recommend tactics to reach impacted personnel
- Write and edit IT technical notifications
- Assist with design and development of print and web-based communications including collateral, newsletter content, website content, video scripts, and other multi-media assets
- Assist in managing existing AIT web content
- Assist in the production and execution of live virtual events
Education & Experience
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration, Marketing/Communications, Journalism, or equivalent is required
- 5-8 years of experience working in strategic communications, advertising, and/or public relations.
- Must have experience working in an IT organization, with knowledge of IT terminology and the ability to translate IT-language into plain-language.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience writing and editing communications, articles, web content, marketing materials and communications plans.
- Experience developing and executing communications strategies
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and accept constructive criticism
- Experience using a content management system and managing web content.
- Experience with email marketing programs (ie: MailChimp, Constant Contact, GovDelivery)
- Basic understanding of graphic editing and resizing
Candidate must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance. U.S. Citizen.
Monday, October 10, 2022