Sytems/Cloud Integration Engineer
- Ashburn, VA
System Integration Engineer - Remote/Ashburn, VA
JCDS is seeking a Cloud Technical Lead to plays a key role as an Enterprise Architecture on assigned Portfolio. The portfolio Architect will provide the solution strategy, application design and development, cloud migration and assist in execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services using Agile methodologies and DevOps practices.
The Portfolio Architect will demonstrate his/her extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication.
The Portfolio Architect will utilize knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. The Portfolio Architect will use his/her self-motivation to show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Candidates must be U.S. citizens
Basic Duties / Responsibilities
- The Portfolio Architect is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the portfolio overall applications
- Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar Identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level for the application included in the portfolio
- Works with Enterprise Architecture team and assists in development of policies for standardizing systems, development tools and security practices.
- Assists in defining and executing established technology insertions, cloud migration strategy at the portfolio level.
- Provides expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- Lead migration of legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift, Kubernetes, EKS, Konvoy
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk assessments.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision
- 12-15 Years of experience in software design and development using containerized and microservices based components. ·
- Extensive understanding and experience programming and designing software using Java, J2EE, Angular, ReactJS, Spring MVC, JQuery, JSF, JSP, MyBatis, Hibernate, IBM MQ, Kafka, ELK, PLSQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Tomcat and AWS cloud services
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Nexus, Maven, OpenShift, SonarQube, Fortify, Junit, Karma, Selenium, Cyprus, Docker, Artifactory
- Experience in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions on a large Program
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems, including developing effective COOP/DR solutions
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Demonstrated experience developing models using Sparx EA, Splunk, Konvoy
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
- CBP experience is a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12+ years or prior relevant experience
Monday, September 13, 2021