Data Scientist Lead
- Tampa, FL
Data Scientist Lead – Tampa, FL or Orlando, FL/REMOTE
- be eligible to obtain a DoD Personal Security Clearance
- be able to work on client site
- possess at least 12 years’ professional experience in data science, statistics, or predictive modeling
- have a BS degree in Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, GIS, or related field
- have a minimum 8 years experience working with RDMS, NoSQL, or Graph databases Minimum 5 years experience in machine learning
- have a minimum 8 years experience in programing languages such as R, SQL, Python, and/or SAS
You should also have:
- Proven success working with large and complex datasets
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a team
- Proven success working with and mining Geospatial datasets
- Technical background in data with a deep understanding of issues in multiple areas, including data acquisition and processing, natural language processing, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems
- Proficiency with Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop, TensorFlow and SageMaker
- Experience with MATLAB
- Proven success in consulting environments presenting findings using presentation and/or data visualization software
- Technical writing and presentation skills, technical effort and cost estimating, budgeting/scheduling, and task performance management
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, technical specifications, proposals, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
It will also be great if you have:
- an active or current Secret clearance
- formal training/degree in statistics, applied math or related field
- an advanced degree
You will use your analytical and statistical skills in support of our Government customer to define and design structured and unstructured data in a cloud environment. You will provide data science and data engineering support to develop application and frameworks that operate on large datasets, develop security compliant user management framework for multi-tenant big data platform, integrate the end to end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times. You will also implement high performant data ingestion pipelines, perform exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling with high quality data handling techniques, maintain metadata layer, database ontology, monitor overall database standards and procedures, and integrate systems through database design, and apply non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases.
Some of the other duties and requirements:
- Utilize strong technical and computational skills coupled with the ability to code, design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques.
- Utilize advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations.
- Develop documentation to support objectives of operationally-focused team members.
- Effectively Interface with Customer personnel at varying organizational levels
Monday, June 14, 2021