Digital Assets Fintech - NYC
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Full-Stack Trading Platform Software Engineer at a prominent digital asset solutions Fintech organization in NYC.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Full-Stack Trading Platform Software Engineer to develop next-generation institutional-grade, ultra-low latency exchange technology designed to scale and create a new and innovative way to trade. The firm offers the ability to transact in traditional markets with the added benefit of automated execution and clearing. Their execution venues provide a direct connection between clearing houses, clearing firms, and participant firms. Their goal is to offer transparency, speed, and reliability in a regulated electronic execution venue.
The firm is seeking a self-starting and motivated full-stack technology developer. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape institutional targeted digital asset solutions, using the most cutting-edge technologies. The engineer will design and develop applications, and coordinate with the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
You will need to be resourceful, hardworking, energetic and motivated to succeed with a desire to have a hand in driving the success of the business. You will need to be detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Focus on innovating and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
• Be part of a small, agile, driven and fun software team
• Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
• Work with a very broad set of technologies, from UI to backend and database
• Scale backend technologies to handle factor 10 increase
• Translate business workflows/storyboards into technical specifications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Perform end-to-end testing side by side with the dev and product teams.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to technical issues.
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
• BS or MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
• Professional experience as a full-stack trading platform software engineer including experience with Java, React.js, Redux, etc.
• A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies and you can't imagine yourself not doing so.
• Experience building nontrivial complex applications
• Strong analytical and technical skills, you are detail-oriented and work fast
• A true self-starter approach and love of taking on responsibility
• Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, produce the best work possible
• An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-paced environment
About the Client:
The firm a leading developer of institutional-grade digital asset trading solutions. Their mission is to deliver the most innovative solutions to their clients, while providing connections to multiple clearing houses and an open access business model.
The combination of domain expertise, next-generation technology, and innovative trading solutions enables the firm to provide pre-trade certainty of execution and clearing, trade anonymity, pre-trade and post-trade transparency, as well as low cost execution for the interest rate swaps market.
Open architecture enables customers to connect directly to the firm via their proprietary user interface or API connection. Additionally, the firm is clearing house agnostic and provides customers with a choice of clearing firms and clearing houses for their derivatives business.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join a firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm’s senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged trading floor environment.
Successful candidates are:
• Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
• Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
• Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
• Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
• Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients.
After years as a Senior Financial Services Executive, I have decided to make a career change and leverage my vast knowledge of the financial services and technology industry as an executive recruiter and have opened an executive search and recruiting firm "J Harlan Group, LLC' specializing in technology and financial services talent search.
Financial Services Executive with expansive Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Brokerage, Commercial Banking and Insurance experience. With combined expertise as a Chief Information Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Principal/Consultant, my responsibilities have expanded a broad cross-section of business disciplines – technology, strategic planning, operations management, HR, administration, outsourcing, business development, strategic partnering, product development, financial operations and reporting, client relationship management.
Specialties: • Leadership authority for building and managing the technological, operational, and administrative platforms for financial services organizations.
• Contributed significantly to starting, developing and building a privately-held organization into a $1 billion market cap publicly traded company on the NYSE within five years of inception.
• Recognized achievements in building top-performing, best-in-class organizations capable of supporting corporate objectives.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – 212-792-0099 – www.jharlan.com
See our current Job Listing at https://www.jharlan.com/our-current-job-listings