NYC Innovation Center – Asset Management
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Platform Engineer at a prominent Asset Manager in their NYC Technology Development Center (TDC).
The TDC is developing the firm's next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, data sciences and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
Technologists at this organization are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest.
They’re looking for experienced Software Developers / Engineers to join their new Technology Development Center in Manhattan. They want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges. You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
This is a “hands-on”, full development lifecycle role that provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
The ideal candidate would have a background:
• Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instills these values in others
• Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem-solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
• Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
• Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
• A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
• Strong analytical ability, true problem solvers
• High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
Required Technical Experience:
• Minimum 3+ Years of professional Object-Oriented development experience (Java preferred)
• Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
• In-depth experience with server-side frameworks such as Spring Boot and Tomcat
• In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
• In-depth RDBMS development experience (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Solid understanding of cloud native architectures (AWS, etc.) for containerized microservices
Required Domain Experience and Soft Skills:
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business leaders
• Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
• Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
• A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments is a plus
• Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science or Engineering)
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the services/ products they deliver. An individual with a passion for application development, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
About the Client:
The firm is a publicly owned global asset management firm with $800 billion dollars of AUM. The firm offers funds, advisory services, account management, and retirement plans and services for individuals, institutions, and financial intermediaries.
The talent and dedication of their people is critical to their success. They offer an opportunity for developing one’s professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. They offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm’s senior management in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
• Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
• Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
• Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
• Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
• Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
After years as a Senior Financial Services Executive, I have decided to make a career change and leverage my vast knowledge of the financial services and technology industry as an executive recruiter and have opened an executive search and recruiting firm "J Harlan Group, LLC' specializing in technology and financial services talent search.
Financial Services Executive with expansive Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Brokerage, Commercial Banking and Insurance experience. With combined expertise as a Chief Information Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Principal/Consultant, my responsibilities have expanded a broad cross-section of business disciplines – technology, strategic planning, operations management, HR, administration, outsourcing, business development, strategic partnering, product development, financial operations and reporting, client relationship management.
Specialties: • Leadership authority for building and managing the technological, operational, and administrative platforms for financial services organizations.
• Contributed significantly to starting, developing and building a privately-held organization into a $1 billion market cap publicly traded company on the NYSE within five years of inception.
• Recognized achievements in building top-performing, best-in-class organizations capable of supporting corporate objectives.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – 212-792-0099 – www.jharlan.com
See our current Job Listing at https://www.jharlan.com/our-current-job-listings