Investor Relations & Marketing Associate
NYC Private Equity - Investment Management Firm
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for an experienced and highly motivated Investor Relations & Marketing Associate at a prominent NYC Private Equity - Investment Manager.
This newly created role reports directly to the Director of Investor Relations & Marketing and will support the team’s Marketing, Capital Raising and Investor Relations initiatives. As part of the Marketing, Capital Raising and Investor Relations Team, the associate will have a diverse set of responsibilities.
An exciting opportunity to be a key part of the growth of the firm, funds and team and will help with project management and process development across a variety of functions. The role will also include facilitating investor follow ups and diligence requests as part of the capital raising process.
This individual will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their businesses. To be successful in this role you must be highly detail oriented and organized, able to meet assigned deadlines and have first class communication and interpersonal skills.
The role will comprise (1) project management across the team initiatives (2) understanding of fund and investor initiatives (3) improving processes and efficiency (4) focus on investor follow up and diligence
Project Management / Team Processes
• Project management across variety of team initiates ranging from fund launches, new material development, legal and tax analyses, firm and team requests
• Management of fund launches and related tasks/responsibilities; core focus on process and organization (ranging from service provider selection, material development, fund documents, CRM setup)
• Interface with internal department and external outsource providers to drive business solutions, initiatives and projects
• Understanding of team processes and focus on streamlining and proactively identifying inefficiencies and proposing solutions
• CRM (Backstop) organization and tracking; keep updated with new capabilities
• Support the team in various needs (true catch all)
• Liaison with clients regarding investment and operational components of firm and funds
• Focus on prospective investor due diligence needs and part of the solution fulfillment
• Facilitate prospective investor follow ups, management of investor requests and materials; tracking of questions and responses, due diligence questionnaires, managing data room and coordinating investment and back office due diligence
• Ensuring materials and content is current; facilitating updates
• Liaise with various teams and compliance to create new content, materials, reporting when needed
• Assist in the review of legal documentation including fund offering docs and investor side letters
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
• 3+ years consulting, investment banking, investment firm or fund experience
• Extremely detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required
• Ability to manage a process from start to finish with true ownership in areas that might be new to both the individual and even the firm
• Ability to research creative solutions
• Ability to design, streamline and oversee processes
• Strong sense of personal responsibility, ownership mentality, reliability, and results-orientation
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to take direction but also to be independent
• Willingness to take on what’s needed to support the team
• Tenacious/persistent - goes the extra mile
• Strong academic record and a bachelor’s or higher degree
An individual who loves solving deep and complex investment related matters and wants to have an outsized impact with the products and solutions they deliver. An individual with a passion for investments, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
About the Client:
The firm is leading private equity investment manager specializing in the transportation sector, currently focused on rail and aviation assets. They target investment opportunities that can benefit from their deep, longstanding relationships, access to proprietary information, financial structuring, and operational expertise. They focus on investing in assets that generate consistent cash flow and have significant downside protection.
Founded in 2014, the firm manages ~$1bn+ of investor capital across rail and aviation strategies with locations in NYC, Chicago and St. Louis.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of financial markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm’s senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged investment environment.
Successful candidates are:
• Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
• Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
• Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
• Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
• Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
After years as a Senior Financial Services Executive, I have decided to make a career change and leverage my vast knowledge of the financial services and technology industry as an executive recruiter and have opened an executive search and recruiting firm "J Harlan Group, LLC' specializing in technology and financial services talent search.
Financial Services Executive with expansive Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Brokerage, Commercial Banking and Insurance experience. With combined expertise as a Chief Information Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Principal/Consultant, my responsibilities have expanded a broad cross-section of business disciplines – technology, strategic planning, operations management, HR, administration, outsourcing, business development, strategic partnering, product development, financial operations and reporting, client relationship management.
Specialties: • Leadership authority for building and managing the technological, operational, and administrative platforms for financial services organizations.
• Contributed significantly to starting, developing and building a privately-held organization into a $1 billion market cap publicly traded company on the NYSE within five years of inception.
• Recognized achievements in building top-performing, best-in-class organizations capable of supporting corporate objectives.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – 212-792-0099 – www.jharlan.com
See our current Job Listing at https://www.jharlan.com/our-current-job-listings