Senior Software Development Engineer
Global Alternative Asset Manager
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Senior Software Development Engineer. The Senior Software Development Engineer will be responsible for the architecture of IT projects for the business segment, offering primary, secondary and co-investments, commingled funds and separately managed accounts, and asset allocation services provide varying levels of customization and value-added services in the Private Equity and Real Estate fund of fund verticals.
They seek an Information Technology professional with strong hands-on experience as a technical architect for software development, application delivery and support, data architecture, integration and general IT architecture delivered with an agile software development methodology. Key technical initiatives in this area include establishing critical business stakeholder relationships, identifying key areas for producing gains in efficiency, and delivering robust technical solutions that are aligned with business goals. Further, given the outsourced model of technology within this group, this role includes the ability for this individual to work with and manage the relationship with the managed service provider/vendor and drive accountability where necessary.
The position will be responsible for:
• Establishing and maintaining key relationships with business stakeholders
• Defining and aligning business and IT drivers for all development initiatives, and aligning project scope for successful delivery
• Delivery of overall business aligned technical solutions to the Investment Solutions business
• Coordination and documentation of technical requirements
• Managing and driving accountability with developer/s, from our managed services provider, for delivery of high-quality services
• Selection and implementation of technical approach and components (including CRM system, data warehouse, integrations, and workflows)
• Direct and maintain the support of data delivery services through the Data Warehouse and analysis through the investment portal, and a flexible and scalable reporting infrastructure
• Direct and maintain data integration between source applications, external data providers, data warehouse and investor portal
• Manage business process improvement and support through customer relationship management, workflow, operational data capture, integration and reporting with key processing systems
• Ongoing improvement and maintenance of technical design to meet changing requirements and operational challenges
• Definition and enforcement of architecture standards, including conformance with data, security, application and integration standards and policies
The ideal candidate would have a background:
• Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience - major or emphasis in computing or quantitative discipline, or equivalent, preferred
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in software development and development management required, including .NET and C# projects
• Experience in technical leadership of successful enterprise data warehousing and integration efforts
• Strong working knowledge of SQL
• Strong technical skills with all data warehousing and integration technologies (e.g., SQL, ESB, ODS, DBMS, BI, ETL)
• Experience in financial accounting systems (specific experience in Investran is a major plus)
• Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
• Strong business and communication skills
• Broad based information technology experience (e.g., languages, methods, EAI, SOA, XML)
• Strong professional consulting skills
• Current knowledge of the data warehouse market; vendors, and standards bodies
• Familiar with enterprise scale CRM systems, Portfolio/Valuations systems, partnership accounting systems (Investran preferred) and investor portals (eFront preferred)
• Experience with integrating with Microsoft Dynamics, Investran, SharePoint and Microsoft SQL/Server suite of tools
• Experience with Business Process Modelling
• Good knowledge of agile technical practices including automated unit testing and continuous integration
• Good working knowledge of Agile tools
• Good Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• 5+ years of experience using Agile methods
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio
• Understanding of data modelling and design highly desirable
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software across.
About the Client:
The firm is a global alternative asset manager with $210 billion of assets under management across 335 investment vehicles. The firm has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,625 professionals operating in 31 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
They have a relentlessly focuses on innovation and integration: innovation in new products, markets and businesses as well as new tools, models and technology management and performance structures; integration of fundamental research, quantitative strategies and technical analysis, all supported by an intensive focus on operational excellence and comprehensive risk management.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm’s senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged trading floor environment.
Successful candidates are:
• Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
• Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
• Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
• Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
• Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
After years as a Senior Financial Services Executive, I have decided to make a career change and leverage my vast knowledge of the financial services and technology industry as an executive recruiter and have opened an executive search and recruiting firm "J Harlan Group, LLC' specializing in technology and financial services talent search.
Financial Services Executive with expansive Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Brokerage, Commercial Banking and Insurance experience. With combined expertise as a Chief Information Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Principal/Consultant, my responsibilities have expanded a broad cross-section of business disciplines – technology, strategic planning, operations management, HR, administration, outsourcing, business development, strategic partnering, product development, financial operations and reporting, client relationship management.
Specialties: • Leadership authority for building and managing the technological, operational, and administrative platforms for financial services organizations.
• Contributed significantly to starting, developing and building a privately-held organization into a $1 billion market cap publicly traded company on the NYSE within five years of inception.
• Recognized achievements in building top-performing, best-in-class organizations capable of supporting corporate objectives.
Contact: email@example.com – 212-792-0099 – www.jharlan.com
See our current Job Listing at https://www.jharlan.com/our-current-job-listings