Managing Director, Commercial and Public Finance
- Nashville, TN
Calibrate Legal has been retained by our client to recruit a Managing Director for their Commercial and Public Finance practices to be based in the firm's Nashville office. The Managing Director is responsible for practice group strategic planning and execution, including developing business development strategy, and working with the Practice Group Chairs in the overall management of the practice.
The incumbent will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the practice and its sub-practices are strategically positioned in the market and have the proper operational controls and people systems in place to ensure a highly-functioning practice group that is positioned for long-term viability and success. The role accomplishes this through the ability to operate at both a high level and in a hands-on manner. The Managing Director reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and the Practice Group Chairs.
This is a nationwide search and candidates who are not presently located in Nashville will absolutely be considered.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Set overall practice group strategic goals and present to the Executive Committee on an annual basis in coordination with each Practice Group Chair.
- Provide one-on-one business development coaching for attorneys.
- Set business development strategy on the practice, sub-practice and attorney level. Help to identify prospects and develop plans to secure new business. Attend conferences, prospective client meetings and pitches.
- Provide tactical execution of new business opportunities through written pitch materials and formal RFPs.
- Provide strategic direction to the marketing team on creative, PR and digital marketing tactics in support of the business development strategy.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure marketing collateral is representative of the practice and bios and practice descriptions tailored as needed for specific new business opportunities.
- Work with Practice Group Chairs to set billing rates annually and with the pricing department on the development of AFAs and other pricing structures as needed.
- Work with each Practice Group Chair on overall practice management, including providing direction and coordination of all practice group and partner meeting agendas as well as general day-to-day support.
- Work with each Practice Group Chair and Director of Professional Development and Retention on associate professional development programming and initiatives and participate in the annual evaluation process.
- Work with each Practice Group Chair and Practice Group Staffing Partner to monitor and analyze timekeeper utilization, cross-office staffing and workflow to ensure appropriate distribution of work and identify hiring needs.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; JD or Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ten plus years in business development or practice management and/or ten plus years’ experience as a practicing attorney in combination with business development and practice management experience.
- Must understand the business of law, including finance, sales and marketing, staffing models and latest industry trends.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to meet the demands of the position; this includes working with attorneys and staff in the firm’s various offices and travel for business development purposes as needed.
To apply for this role, please send your resume indicating your interest to Carol Crawford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 12, 2019