The Associate Director’s position has become available following the promotion of the predecessor. The Associate Director will accelerate their career within a diverse, fast-paced environment. The company's rapid growth trajectory provides a tremendous opportunity for growth and development, including management of a growing team of scientists across a variety of innovative and demanding projects. Our client's nimble and responsive culture is a hallmark of the company’s professional service. The company is a preferred provider with eight of the top-10 major pharmaceutical companies in the world and has maintained 100% customer retention. The company continues to grow; In 2017 the company doubled their 2016 performance while expanding their lab to 15,000 square feet.
The Associate Director will apply their experience in method development and validation, as well as experience in sample analysis, to lead a team of high-level scientists to support multiple projects across several clients. The Associate Director will be responsible for a budget unique to each engagement and will allocate and manage team resources to achieve both internal and external goals and objectives within the allotted budget. The Associate Director will be the principal partner and contact point with each client to ensure expectations are appropriately managed and communicated. The Associate Director will create an uplifting environment within their team, balanced within a culture of accountability. The leader will develop and support each member of their team to grow professionally and increase their contribution to the company and their customers.
The company's assay services include the following:
The Associate Director’s success will principally be measured by their ability to optimize the team’s performance within budget parameters, and to maintain and grow customer relationships where quality comes first. The Associate Director will also be measured by their ability to scale their team while continually optimizing productivity, revenue, and quality. The Associate Director’s ability to adapt their communication style to a diverse array of audiences, and to diplomatically spin negative circumstances into positive outcomes, will be a significant contributor to the individual’s success.
The company functions as a team-oriented laboratory hence internal communication and coordination is a key component of the Associate Director’s responsibility. The Associate Director will be supported by Project Managers, and various support staff to formulate their plans. The individual will work closely with various teams including corporate management, operations, project management, business development, human resources and finance.
The Associate Director will integrate culturally within the company and establish strong camaraderie and rapport with their teammates to contribute to the team’s collaborative enthusiasm. As an internal and external representative of the company, the Associate Director will reflect integrity, flexibility, creativity, innovation and drive to solve customers’ challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee team to ensure projects or completed on time and within budget.
• Ensure that quality is never compromised
• Always meet client deliverables and commitments
• Ensure the scientists in the lab are optimally productive and efficient, and their challenges are overcome.
• Communicate regularly and diplomatically with internal stake-holders and functional leaders.
• Continually communicating with primary sponsor contacts to ensure internal business needs and needs of customers are being met.
• Schedule resources to ensure coverage, then escalate up to management as needed if additional resources become necessary.
• Establish and demonstrate clear knowledge of the company’s personnel, equipment, and capabilities.
• Maintain an open, non-hierarchical and team oriented environment. Delegate as needed, yet will do whatever is necessary to ensure all work gets done.
• Provide direction and oversight to a team of high-performing scientists. Provide support as needed to ensure the team develops and can overcome challenges.
• Participate in revenue forecasting activities.
• Coordinate with the company’s leadership to define and implement strategies to maximize profitability and capacity utilization.
• Coordinate with Business Development to ensure they understand internal processes and capabilities.
• Serve as liaison between scientific and operations teams and customers to assure accurate communication of information, requirements and expectations.
• Provide client services support and operations to guarantee client satisfaction and ongoing revenue.
• Support new business development efforts as a subject matter expert and customer liaison.
• Share best practices with team to ensure overall team success.
• Domestic travel as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions as requested.
• A Ph.D in life or physical science discipline (biochemistry, chemistry, biology) is preferred, however commensurate related experience will be considered.
• At least 5 years’ experience with assay method development and validation, supporting the development of biologics and vaccines; cell based assay experience a plus
• Experience within a CRO leading project teams, either directly or within a matrixed structure, providing services to support the development of biologics and vaccines.
• Familiarity with assay applications including Pharmacokinetic (PK), Toxicokinetic (TK), Pharmacodynamic (PD), Biomarkers, Bioassays (NAB), Immunogenicity.
• Demonstrated supervisory and project management experience, including technical and regulatory oversight of client’s studies.
• Experience overseeing the development and validation of ligand binding assays that support biologics development.
• History of conducting and overseeing the analysis of clinical and nonclinical samples for all therapeutic programs in a GLP laboratory.
• Experience training and developing advanced scientific personal.
• Experience with a LIMS system, preferably Watson LIMS.
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders to resolve issues.
• Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy.
• Adept at articulating effective responses to the most sensitive inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Open, interactive communication style; strong interpersonal skills coupled with a service mentality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Adaptable and dynamic communication style that radiates honesty, integrity and credibility and is coupled with astute listening skills.
• Solutions oriented personality that embraces challenges as opportunities and demonstrates a dogged drive to take initiative and diplomatically resolve issues or challenges.
• Collaborative nature compels the individual to work with teammates and always help others to optimize performance.
• P&L experience is a plus.
If you've read this far, we probably want to talk so please reach out. We look forward to speaking with you!