Door Shop Assembler
- Norcross, GA
Jobrise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
We are currently seeking an energetic, hard working Door Shop Assembler to join a family owned business in the Norcross area. This is an incredible company to work for, and a leadership team that truly values their people!
Door Shop Assemblers are responsible for construction of doors and windows made to order.
- Check product and raw material specifications (lengths, angles).
- Set up door machinery and equipment to specifications.
- Transport raw materials and finished products to and from machinery, equipment and storage area.
- Door Shop Assemblers load and unload inventory as needed.
- Travel to job site for replacement and/or repair of warranty work.
- Apply and understand mathematical calculations and concepts involving fractions, decimals, percentages, etc.
- May manage and provide reports on production, quality, and order fulfillment process and performance.
- Door Shop Assemblers maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- Follow safety programs and ensure compliance of OSHA regulation.
- May train, assign and oversee work of others and ensure work is complete and built to order specifications.
- May work with and assist location manager and sales team promote and describe fabrication process to customers of assigned and new products.
- May be responsible for raw materials and finished goods inventory, materials order replenishment, and maintaining product pricing.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Working conditions are in a warehouse operations environment with considerable physical exertion.
- Ability to understand and apply mathematical calculations and concepts involving fractions, decimals, percentages, etc.
- General warehouse experience, including forklift operation, and/or knowledge of warehouse work environment including specialized on-the-job door assembly training preferred.
- Safety Awareness
- Work Standards
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
Friday, March 15, 2019