JobRise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic to join one of our best customer's team. If you are eager to grown in your career by improving your skills and learning new ones, this is your chance to take the next step!
Mechanic Description Details
As a Fleet/Diesel Truck Mechanic you will perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in company shops or on public roadways as necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of mechanic school preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as an auto mechanic
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of engine repair, driveline components and hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics systems.
• Must be DOT qualified.
• Must be able to work required overtime and flexible work schedule.
• Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language.
• Valid Class A or B CDL is a plus.
• Ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift at least 45 pounds.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions of heat and cold.
• Ability to frequently work near moving, mechanical parts, and vehicular traffic.
• Ability to work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.