- Pittsburgh, PA
We are looking for reliable, talented and hard-working structural welders for a Family Owned Construction company in Pittsburgh. Our customer is an award winning national construction firm that combines a workforce development strategy with community redevelopment to deliver high quality social impact projects alongside safe, timely, and expertly executed construction work.
We offer life-changing employment opportunities for women and men with barriers to employment, in the form of steady jobs, fair wages, advanced training, and safe working conditions.
A Structural Welder will weld, fabricate and assist pipe fitters, electricians, millwrights, and ironworks in installation of varying types of equipment and supports for industrial pipe, structural, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to Stick weld on varies types of equipment and material.
- Assemble and install structures, conveyors and chutes.
- Must have current applicable welding certification with or be able to successfully pass a weld test.
- Must have 2 years welding experience.
- Must Have All Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Layout, position, aligns, cut, assemble, and fit metal components together in various body positions and in various places.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using SMAW, GTAW, FCAW
- Weld metal materials to piping systems equipment using the appropriate welding procedure for the various equipment and metal types involved.
- Identify all equipment for job and process.
- Identify all safety risks and requirements.
- Must be able to read and interrupt technical manuals as applicable.
- Must have 2 years’ experience welding experience on industrial size and grade equipment.
- Must have the ability to stick weld in 2g, 3g, and 4g conditions.
- Must be proficient in welding with various rods.
- Must have current applicable welding certification or be able to successfully pass a weld test.
- Must have experience welding multiple types of material possibly including but not limited to: carbon steel, stainless, aluminum and chrome.
- Must be able and willing to assist with other activities while not actively welding.
- Must be able to work at heights as required.
- Must meet all physical demands (see section below).
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Erection/Rigging Experience
- Fork Lift experience
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at slight heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in weathering conditions including heat conditions while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
- Weld Test/Certification Required
Tuesday, March 19, 2019