Jobrise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
HIRING Catering Company- Prep Cook
Under the general supervision of the shift lead and concession manager, the prep cook is responsible for preparing food and assisting in the preparation of items for multiple events. The cook should understand the proper cooking and holding procedures to not sacrifice quality or freshness of product.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Operations of standard kitchen utensil and equipment in the concession stands in a prompt and efficient manner
• Understand and follow guidelines set by the PSC and Health Department by maintaining a clean and sanitary work area
• Take pride as a prep cook, resolve issues and assist co-workers as needed
• After preparation of food, load catering truck truck. Must be able to carry up to 50lbs.
• Unload and set up food stations for catering events
• Interact with customers with friendly attitude and best in class customer service
• Upon completion of event, tear down set-up, return equipment to home office, and properly organize and document equipment.
Knowledge And Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• Ability to operate industrial kitchen equipment
• Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Must have food handlers permit
• Must have previous cooking experience
• A friendly and out-going personality
• Flexible work hours to include day, evening, weekend and holiday hours
• Physical ability to stand on feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50lbs, pack/load/unload food stuffs.