Jobrise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
We are currently seeking Commercial Roofers and Foremen to join a family owned Roofing company in the DMV area. This company has been around for 35 years and continues to grow! If you are looking for a stable opportunity to grow and advance in your career this is the chance.
As a Roofer you will work under the direct supervision of a qualified Commercial Foreman learning to install different types of roofing systems such as: TPO, PVC, EPDM rubber, built-ups, Bitumen, metal and dura-last roofing.
• Checking to ensure that completed roofs are watertight
• Sweeping and cleaning roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials
• Locating worn or torn areas in roofs
• Covering roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials
• Removing old roofing materials
• Unloading materials and tools from work trucks, and unrolling roofing as directed
• Placing tiles, nailing them to roof boards, and covering nail heads with roofing cement