JobRise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
We are currently pursuing the best candidate to join our service department working out of our Houston, TX office. The open position is for a full-time field service technician. This employee will be responsible for completing on-site services for our customers including diagnosis and repair of a variety of spa, hot tub, and swimming pool components. This position will be paid hourly and total hours worked may include significant overtime during peak season.
The ideal candidate for the position of Service Technician will possess:
- previous experience in the pool and spa recreation industry and familiarity with spa and pool components and water chemistry. CPO/RAIL certified with 2+ years experience a definite plus.
- secondary to prior pool industry experience, background in the plumbing, electrical, or HVAC fields
- a good driving record (required for consideration)
- a work experience record that demonstrates consistency and commitment to previous employers
- an inclination for mechanical work, enjoying working with hand tools and able to methodically troubleshoot basic system failures
- willingness and ability to learn complicated automatic control systems,
- the personality of a self-starter, motivated to learn skills to complete work more efficiently
- a positive, cheerful personality that enjoys interaction with customers and develops strong, helpful relationships with co-workers
- organizational skills exhibited by attention to detail
- ability to work overtime seasonally and flexible with workday end-time
Full-time hours, medical insurance opportunities and PTO! If you are looking for the next step in your career this the job for you!