Jobrise is national social enterprise that launches winning businesses and provides life-changing employment for men and women facing barriers to employment. Our work is based on an economic model for growth and social change, and is activated through business incubation, employment and advocacy. We believe that potential is universal, but opportunities are not and we exist to create economic opportunities for hard-working individuals determined to earn that first, second, or even a third chance.
Jobrise is currently recruiting on behalf of the leading designer and manufacturer of architectural products used to enhance life in public space indoors, outdoors, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking welders for all shifts.
TIG and MIG skill primarily aluminum and stainless metals. Basic math skills needed. Computer knowledge a plus. MUST HAVE MIN. 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE WITH TIG WELDING! In need of experienced welders and entry level will not be considered at this time. Will need to pass TIG welding test!
Long-term opportunities working on special projects for well known national clientele. Great opportunity for growth and advancement!
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two or more years welding/fabrication experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read a tape measure as well as shop drawings
• Have experience with finishing (polish, buff and use chemicals to change the look of metal)
• Must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move 60 pounds, occasionally more
• Reliable transportation
• Attention to detail
• Fabricate and assemble metal products
• Read blueprints and drawings to develop layout and plan the sequence of operations
• Determine the appropriate equipment and method for each job
• Set up components for welding according to specifications
• Align components using calipers, rulers, clamp pieces, etc
• Locate and mark bending and cutting lines onto workpiece
• Set up and operate fabricating machines
• Welds components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions
• Verify conformance of workpiece to specifications using square, ruler and measuring tape
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety