Help Desk Support II
- Houston, TX
Provides technical support to system users and customer support staff. Evaluates user needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering/development staff to determine solutions. Assists customer in implementing solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Supports tightly managed IT projects/matters of limited complexity as a resource when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones and related hardware or software, ensuring all is in proper working order.
- Receive and respond to problems reported through incoming tickets, calls, walk ups, or via e-mail within the defined service level agreements.
- Properly document hardware/software failure, repair, installation, and removal in ticketing system.
- Collaborate with server and network teams to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and change requests as directed.
- Establish and/or maintain accurate documentation for standards and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining current upkeep of inventory for all technology assets.
- Assist to prepare, maintain and uphold procedures to monitor, log and report operational statistics.
- Maintain printer, copier and fax machines.
- When necessary, liaise with third party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Coordinate with branch facilities and third parties to test and conduct audio or video conferences.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile computing devices (Android and IOS smart phones, tablets, etc.)
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting and installation experience, including image creation or use.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, VPN, TCP/IP, and VM-Ware
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office software components including Office 365.
- Knowledge of Symantec Anti-virus.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Primary work is performed in an office environment and server/phone room. Ability to lift 35+lbs and frequently requires crawling under desks to replace cables, install equipment.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- High school diploma required, Associates degree or equivalent IT work experience preferred.
- 1–3 years of related work experience required.
Tuesday, August 13, 2019