Senior Engineering Manager - Digital Commerce
Jones Grove IT Recruiting
- Charlotte, NC
Senior Engineering Manager – Digital Commerce
Full Time – Permanent Position
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead the redevelopment of the digital commerce applications.
You should have a strong technical background. Java background preferred, Hybris experience is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion the architecture, design, build and release of large scale enterprise e-Commerce projects
- Develop, inspire, mentor, and evaluate the engineering team and align them with vision and values
- Make decisions on technical implementation options presented by the engineering team
- Comfortable leading a team of smart and talented engineers, while at the same time not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team to get the job done.
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communicator, building strong cross-functional relationships and excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Work closely with Designers, Front End Developers, Product Managers, and QA through the development process to create the technical vision, and road map for the team.
- Thrive on the ability to take a challenging project and delivering results.
- Work with leadership and partners to establish realistic goals and ensure roadmap commitments are met.
- Ability to quickly understand the business context of product requirements and map it into a technology solution.
- Experience reviewing design and code and providing actionable feedback and follow-up on all technical topics and solutions.
- Ensure your team is following coding standards and engineering excellence practices.
- Provide ongoing, real-time feedback to engineers on your team to promote their growth
- Communicate clearly to product managers, partners and engineers to remove ambiguity from larger projects
- MS or BS degree in computer science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering large scale platforms and products.
- 5+ years of experience in leading software development teams.
- Hands-on experience with design and development of scalable web applications, web services and application platforms
- Is a strong leader with the ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high-quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
- Proven track record of delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment
- Solid experience in Cloud, Application, Server, MSA, open source and container development methodologies
- Experienced on functional and technical aspects of applications and infrastructure topology
- Knowledge of programming languages and technologies such as Java, Spring, DHMTL, AJAX toolkits, XML, XSLT, ADFS, and LDAP.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies such as HTML, Angular and NodeJS
- Knowledge and Experience with J2EE and related technologies is a plus (EJB, JSP, Servlets, JAXP)
- Knowledge of SOA Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, Knowledge of Messaging JMS, MQ Series.
- Databases SQL, MySQL, NoSQL , and Data Access Methodologies (Stored Procedures , Dynamic SQL, Prepared Statements)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
About Jones Grove
Jones Grove brings over 25 years of dedicated Information Technology recruiting to the marketplace and that has led us to place virtually every function within an IT organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021