Jones Grove IT Recruiting
- Charlotte, NC
Sr. Oracle DBA
Please note, for this role the candidate must have hands on experience with Oracle Apps and how they are supported and integrate with oracle database.
Oracle apps are : EBS, Oracle Financials, etc.
The senior oracle database administrator is responsible for managing and supporting database platforms, working closely with the vendors, external consultants, application support teams, technical support team, and oracle database administrators; recognizing areas for improvement in the team; taking appropriate action to initiate changes; installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining database instances.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software, and facilities.
- Analyze data requirements to establish, modify, or maintain object/data models.
- Evaluate potential solutions, demonstrating, installing, and commissioning selected products.
- Contribute to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined tasks.
- Analyze service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Implement arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conduct testing of recovery procedures.
- Use database management system software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Monitor service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached.
- Analyze service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience in installing, configuring, administering, and tuning database technologies.
- Working experience writing PL/SQL triggers and/or procedures.
- Working experience with configuring and managing advanced queues.
- Working experience configuring, refreshing, and managing replication.
- Working experience with stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, partitioning, streams and indexes.
- Working experience with Oracle Relational Database Management systems and related tools.
- Working experience with various operating systems.
- Experience with work flow techniques (WFM).
- Oracle EBS experience
- Hybris experience
- Oracle, Google, Azure Cloud experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience with UNIX and shell scripts.
- Experience with iSeries and Mainframe environments a plus.
- Experience with SQL-Server, MySQL and DB2.
- Escalate/Blue Martini Experience.
- Experience with project management, security, and architecture.
- Experience with various data base management and visualization tools.
Monday, October 4, 2021