Sr. Data Engineer
Jones Grove IT Recruiting
- Charlotte, NC
Sr. Data Engineer
Full Time Position
Charlotte, NC - Remote
This position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing data team with a leading edge data tech stack.
Strong SQL & Python skills are required. Experience with Big Data and Cloud Technologies.
- Very strong in SQL
- UNIX/LINUX commands and shell scripting
- Previous experience in data engineering including big data and cloud technologies
- Strong in Python, API integrations, Data warehousing concepts, ETL design/development
- Bonus: Experience in Snowflake, GCP BQ, DBT, Advanced Analytics/Data Science
- Ability to design, build, and maintain the ETL pipeline and data warehouse.
- Knowledge of SQL/database(s), Hadoop-based analytics and ability to create & integrate APIs.
- Ability to use programming language, scripting, reporting and data visualization.
- Demonstrate expertise in data modeling and query performance tuning on SQL Server, Snowflake or similar platforms.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems
- Implement ETL process to analyze and import data from existing data sources
- Build data pipelines for ingestion processing, and surfacing of data for large-scale applications
- Research new uses for existing data
- Use many different scripting languages and tools to connect systems together
- Research and discover new methods to acquire data, and new applications for existing data
- Work with other members of the data team, including data architects, data analysts, and data scientists
- Select and integrate Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality
About Jones Grove
Jones Grove brings over 25 years of dedicated Information Technology recruiting to the marketplace and that has led us to place virtually every function within an IT organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thursday, September 9, 2021