Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
Jones Grove IT Recruiting
- Charlotte, NC
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
Charlotte, NC - Remote
This position will be a Senior Cyber Security Engineer leading a broad range of duties with emphasis on research and analysis of severe threats.
- Perform advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
- Perform advanced intelligence analysis using analytical tradecraft methods and forensic tools
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
- Manage the Vulnerability Management Program to include scanning, updates, metric generation, remediation tracking.
- Provide independent critical thinking to diagnose and analyze threat intelligence data and making decisions on response and remediation
- Use commercial and OpenSource tools to quickly analyze, detect, and respond to cyber security incidents
- Use IDS/IPS and other point of presence security tools to support investigations and incident response activities
- Use a combination of OpenSource research, network, and host forensic analysis, log review and correlation to support investigations. Lead the investigative efforts when assigned as the lead investigator.
- Develop comprehensive security write-ups which describe security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to management
- Develop internal documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports as required
- B.S. or M.S. in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a relevant field?
- At least 8 years of experience in Cybersecurity, Information Technology
- Effective delivery of key metrics, and reporting.
- Effective delivery of services that demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, including but not limited to PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, and SOX related requirements.
Candidate Skills & Competencies:
- Strong security consulting background and/or related experience.
- Experience in applying security risk control frameworks (such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, COBiT, and ISO).
- Previous experience in Cyber Threat intelligence or Vulnerability management and Information Security in a senior role
- Ability to monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewall, proxies, and anti-virus across multiple platforms
- Ability to develop specific expertise, discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior, and communicate an understanding of current and developing cyber threats
- Ability to leverage online research tools to identify and navigate online forums, specialized Web sites, social media, and traditional sources
- Ability to coordinate and respond to events on all of the monitored networks and the systems on those networks
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purposes of documenting results and analyzing findings to provide advanced threat intelligence
- Expert knowledge of security architectures, devices, proxies, and firewalls is required
- Experience with Security Tools related to Enterprise Log Management, IPS/IDS, Antivirus, Firewalls, Proxies, DLP, Forensic Analysis and SIEM
- Exposure to Cyber Threat Intelligence at the Strategic, Operational, and Tactical levels
- Ability to create and share IOCs, write YARA rules, and utilize STIX/TAXII for operationalization
- Ability to automate common tasks and create run-books for iSOC Expert supporting Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI)
- Experience and familiarization with HUMINT, SIGINT, GEOINT, OSINT, Deep/Dark Web, and MASINT.
About Jones Grove
Jones Grove brings over 25 years of dedicated Information Technology recruiting to the marketplace and that has led us to place virtually every function within an IT organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021