Business Solutions Analyst
- Sacramento, CA
KAI Partners is seeking a Business Solutions Analyst who performs business systems analysis and is responsible for work that involves applying analytical processes to the planning, design and implementation of new and improved business information systems and business processes to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
The Business Solutions Analyst will:
- Perform needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions
- Conduct business process reengineering; conduct feasibility studies and trade-off analyses; perform as a liaison between internal and external customers; consult with customers to identify
- Refine and specify functional requirements, and translate functional requirements into technical specifications; develop overall functional and systems requirements and specifications
- Prepare business cases for the application of IT solutions; define systems scope and objectives
- Develop cost estimates for new modified systems; ensure the integration of all system components; e.g., policies, procedures, training material, databases, software and hardware; conduct performance and reliability testing of new solutions
- Plan and participate in systems implementation and provide post-implementation support; and ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to the systems analysis process.
The Business Solutions Analyst will possess knowledge and experience in:
- Structured analysis principles and methods
- Systems analysis and analytical principles concepts, techniques and methods, including cost-benefit analysis methods
- Basic IT architecture and technical documentation methods
- Systems design tools, methods and techniques, including automated systems analysis and design tools sufficient to develop requirements and specifications for systems that meet business requirements
- Systems design standards, policies and authorized approaches sufficient to assist in identifying and specifying business requirements for new or enhanced systems and develop basic system specifications
- System design precedents or alternative approaches sufficient to advise on the merits of proposed systems development projects
- Business processes, workflows and operations of customer organizations sufficient to apply a structured systems analysis approach to the design and development of new or enhanced applications
- Business process engineering concepts and methods sufficient to lead/conduct studies designed to identify potential improvements in the way IT is applied to key business functions; life cycle management concepts; internet and new IT technologies
- Speak and write effectively and prepare effective reports
- This classification must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience applying analytical processes on IT projects. At least three (3) years of that experience must have been in business systems analysis and design.
- Previous experience working with or for HP
- Previous experience working for or with DXC
This classification requires the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
KAI Partners is a growing technology and organizational development consulting services firm based in northern California. In partnership with our clients, we plan, develop and implement business and automation systems that strengthen core internal environments. We collaboratively develop organizational change strategies and tactics with clients to help them realize their desired business outcomes. By providing a full range of services, we enable government and private industry to maximize internal efficiencies and corporate effectiveness. Our principals bring over 100 years of experience working within and consulting to public and private sector organizations.
Thursday, September 6, 2018