• Very well established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• Greater Baltimore area
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Role you will play:
• Mainly responsible for the development and maintenance of GGY-AXIS actuarial models for our Universal Life (UL) business being developed to support valuation and financial reporting using multiple accounting methods (Stat, GAAP, Tax, IFRS).
• Serve as the model development team’s expert on UL business along with all related valuation and reserve financing issues, including proficiency with various reinsurance deal structures.
• Provide modeling expertise and support to internal customers as needed, including reinsurance deal pricing, impact analysis for reinsurance treaty negotiation, etc.
• Expertise in Model development or modeling experience!
• ASA required, FSA preferred.
• 7 years of life insurance/actuarial experience.
• Experience in Secondary Guaranteed UL required.
• Term, WL, FE, AD experience is a plus.
• Actuarial software skills: GGY-AXISUL Module, MG-ALFA, Axis DataLink coding**