Actuarial Analyst - Pension
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Houston, TX
Join an innovative actuarial team with a global company where employees are valued, appreciated and given an opportunity to grow!
- Since its establishment over 70 years ago, this company has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- Over the years, this company has expanded their capabilities to include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- The company has built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- In August 2018, this company was named actuarial firm winner by U.S. Captive Review Awards – these awards recognize captive insurance products and services providers offering high level of excellence.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, and additional medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Additional voluntary benefit opportunities
- Employee engagement program
- Actuarial Exams Program
Your Role with the Company
- The Actuarial Analyst will provide employee retirement benefit services to clients under the guidance of actuaries.
- Responsibilities of the position include general support to the consulting actuaries and other members of the team.
- The Actuarial Analyst will play a role in managing client relationships while also handling basic administrative tasks and routine projects.
- The Actuarial Analyst role is based in the Houston office.
- Houston is a large city with a diverse economy and is rich in culture.
- Offering abundant entertainment with a low cost of living, Houston is a great location.
- 2+ years of experience in pension valuations including OPEB and single-employer DB plans.
- Strong technical skills, IRS funding valuations, (calculations required under PPA, funding, and accounting rules preferred), preparing government forms, valuation data preparation, etc.
- Two actuarial exams, minimum
- Working toward becoming Enrolled Actuary or ASA
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Friday, June 26, 2020