Lead Data Architect
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Chesterfield, MO
- Preeminent reinsurance firm, very well established
- Consolidated assets of $50B+
- Recognized by international industry institutions as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”
- More than 2,700 employees, yet they are divided into smaller teams and maintain a small company feel
- Embraces collaboration to work on big problems and develop the best solutions
- Pioneered the use of reinsurance as a financial management tool and remains a leading provider of such solutions around the world
Benefits and Features
- Skill building: this firm encourages personal & professional growth through ongoing training & skills development and mentorship opportunities
- Work/life balance: family-friendly culture and flexible work arrangements
- Career growth: Performance-based compensation & competitive benefits package cultivate collaboration and recognize success
- Very strong relocation package available
- Creation, maintenance and management of organization's data architecture models, spanning from conceptual holistic vision of the company’s cross-product architecture, including big data architecture, through logical and/or physical models where applicable.
- Assess use of internal and acquired data, how data relates to business value and operations and predict how changes will affect data use, then manipulate the data architecture to compensate.
- Act as data / big data architecture consultant to product teams.
- Aid in technology selection as the business defines new features requiring expanded system capability.
- Use creative and results-driven problem solving to lead engineering efforts for product teams.
- Support data pipeline infrastructure through effective utilization of AWS, GCP and other cloud services.
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Culture of innovation & excellence
- Learn, grow, and collaborate with exceptional people from around the world
- Join an industry-leading team that finds fresh opportunities and solutions to support a changing industry
- Top 10 City for Millennial Homeowners
- Suburbs near the office are top rated nationwide for families
- Historic & Iconic city/sites
- Affordable Cost of living
Desired Background Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years experience performing infrastructure engineering related roles
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud platform big data tools such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), S3, Redshift
- Utilize Python or Scala for big data processing with Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Experience with data security by design and has background of working with some subset of sensitive data (PII, PHI, HIPAA and GDPR)
- Some experience with agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write industry white papers, publish content and speak at industry events.
- In-depth understanding of data management (permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Experience in infrastructure automation on AWS with Terraform or similar approaches
Posted On: Monday, July 22, 2019