• Very well-established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Greater Baltimore area
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Responsible for supporting project execution and oversight of external assigned resources in the aggressive completion of building IFRS 17 functionality into GGY Axis projection models to meet all reporting requirements. Effort may require parallel model building, and expected results creation for all legal entities and associated captive reinsurance arrangements, and the validation of all model components being built. Provide appropriate analysis and insights to facilitate decision making for company leadership, and support the Head of IFRS 17 Development in all IFRS 17 methodology decisions with parent. Provide review and analysis of impacts for all model purposes including valuation, financial planning, capital strategies, cash flow testing, financial reporting, pricing and others as appropriate.
Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
10+ years of life insurance & actuarial modeling experience
Strong actuarial analytical skills and problem solving ability
Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
Proficient verbal and written communications
Actuarial projection software skills in, GGY Axis, MG-ALFA and VBA desirable
Database/Spreadsheet capabilities (Excel, MS Access, SQL, SAS)
Capital Markets Transactions & Financial Reinsurance preferred
Life Insurance Valuation (Term, UL, WL)
Economic Capital / Solvency II preferred
Asset Adequacy Analysis & Cash Flow Testing helpful