Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Baltimore, MD
• Very well established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• Greater Baltimore and D.C. area
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Role you will play:
The role will support Financial Planning & Analysis, driving insights into the company's business and financials. There will be extensive work with management to provide the information and analysis needed to make strategic, financial, and operational decisions. The main responsibilities of the role will include: owing the planning and forecasting model, performing scenario testing and sensitivities, assessing capital needs, and developing tools and databases that support actuarial and financial analysis.
- Creates and maintains the corporate planning and forecasting models. Ensures implementation of models for our firm and its subsidiaries complies with satisfactory standards and timeframes.
- Assists in generation of model input files and processing of model results for various scheduled production work. Ensures results are accurate and timely in accordance with project plans.
- Identifies and implements model changes as needed to correct errors, streamline processes, and respond to changes in the underlying business. Completes these changes in a timely and accurate manner, and produces detailed documentation for all changes made.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis of model results as needed to explain unanticipated movements, identify model errors, and evaluates the impact of potential business changes under various reporting bases.
- Oversees the Plan-to-Actual comparison and insures that all variances explained and corrected in subsequent model runs.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and automation, and assists in the implementation of these improvements, in order to optimize the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of our production processes.
- Works with other departments, e.g. product development, to provide modeling support and expertise when needed.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by: recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Friday, December 28, 2018