Cybersecurity Vulnerability Specialist
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Richardson, TX
- The company is a statewide customer-owned health insurer. They believe consumers and employers deserve the best of both worlds: access to affordable, quality health care and top-notch service from a company that focuses on their customers.
- For over 90 years, the company has built a symbol that has come to represent the most experienced health care coverage organization in the state and the nation. Their mission is to provide financially sound health care coverage to as many people as possible.
- Community involvement – helping their members and communities to be healthy and well - is a huge part of this mission.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- 10 paid holidays, 15 days of Paid Time Off w/option to buy another week
- Pension and 401(k) with company match
- Life, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health and Wellness Rewards programs, bonus opportunities, and more
Your Role with the Company
- The Cybersecurity Vulnerability Specialist isresponsible for identifying technical security vulnerabilities by conducting application analysis, network analysis, and scanning; reporting security vulnerabilities and the risks those vulnerabilities present to Vice Presidents, Managers, and other technical individuals.
- This role is also tasked with recommending mitigating solutions to remediate risk associated with vulnerabilities, maintaining knowledge of cybersecurity trends and changing technologies, and providing recommendations for adaptation of new technologies for vulnerability monitoring.
- The individual in this role will provide management with vulnerability assessments and security briefings to advise them of critical and high-risk vulnerabilities that may affect customer, or corporate security objectives.
- This position is based in Richardson, Texas.
- Richardson is located northeast of Dallas, close enough to enjoy all the delights of city life.
- The area offers a perfect blend of a strong economy with a collection of arts, cultural assets, parks and entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years IT security experience, or 4 years’ experience.
- Expertise in the following: computer architecture, operating systems, inter-process communications, networking protocols and their related implementations.
- Experience with and understanding of compiled and interpreted programs and the types of security issues possible in each; database systems, web servers, application servers, mainframes, firewalls, routers, load balancers, switches, and different types of middleware; x86 assembly.
- Working knowledge of debuggers and disassemblers; malware analysis through reverse engineering, protocol analysis, and log analysis; intrusion analysis through reverse engineering, log analysis, forensic disk examination, and system review.
- Verbal communications skills and concise written communication skills.
Monday, June 10, 2019