• Very well established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Greater Baltimore area
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
The Advanced Analytics team develops and maintains a collection of analytical solutions that span the Actuarial, Underwriting, Operations, Risk and Marketing spaces. Your primary responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of an exciting and important collection of advanced analytical solutions involving predictive modeling (statistical, machine learning), optimization and simulation.
You will be especially involved in the analysis of lapse and mortality experience, and the modernization of the assumption setting process. Additional responsibilities will include developing cutting-edge underwriting triaging models, along with potential involvement in any of the other business areas mentioned above.
You will be highly engaged through all stages of a project. You will meet with business leaders to flesh out project objectives at the start. You will drive the data acquisition phase where you will collaborate with Data Engineers to identify data sources and query structured databases. You will transform the data and engage in advanced feature engineering to develop the analytical solution and perform model validation. Ultimately, you will document and present your results to a spectrum of business leaders, helping to transform the organization through modern, data-driven decision making.
BS/BA in Math/Statistics, Masters in Statistics preferred.
Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) (FSA preferred)
5+ years of life insurance/actuarial experience.
2+ years predictive modeling.
Experience study for mortality and lapse background strongly preferred.
Good familiarity with life underwriting preferred.
Strong working knowledge of R preferred, Python OK.
Spreadsheet and database capabilities (Excel, SQL).
Visualization tool experience helpful (Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView)
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.Strong documentation skills.