Actuary, Corporate Modeling
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- St. Louis, MO
Award-winning firm offering exceptional benefits seeking Actuary talent!
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, this company has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- The firm was recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as "Life Reinsurer of the Year" at the 2018 Asia Insurance Industry Awards for the second consecutive year.
- The firm was also ranked #97 among 500 companies in the Forbes 2018 Global 2000: World's Best Employers listing.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Onsite fitness center and dining options
- Bonus opportunities and more
The Role You Will Play
- The Actuary, Corporate Modeling will lead the development and maintenance of enhanced actuarial projection capabilities for the consolidated enterprise. Modeling will focus on key initiatives including embedded value, economic and required capital, earnings volatility, own risk and solvency assessment, and short-term financial planning.
- As the modeling lead for the corporate model, this role will provide technical expertise with respect to model calculations, data flows, process automation, and other technical aspects.
- In this role, you will gain access to a wealth of opportunity within the company - building a strong team from within is a top priority with this firm.
- This opportunity is based in Saint Louis, Missouri, at the company’s corporate office – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of onsite dining options.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- With an affordable cost of living, Saint Louis is a great place to live.
- 6+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- FSA accreditation and CERA preferred
- Expertise in GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial reporting
- Working knowledge of and ability to program in Prophet, VBA and SQL
- Familiarity in developing analytics to detect and explain sources of variation from expectations in terms of key drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
Monday, January 4, 2021