Sr. Developer - Hadoop
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Chicago, IL
There's a surprise in your stocking this year - a promotion!
- As an award-winning and innovative leader in the insurance industry, this company has pioneered many ways to move the health care system to focus on value and quality outcomes for their customers.
- The health care industry continues to transform rapidly, and this team is at the forefront of technology to conceive, develop and deliver impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for their members.
- Working together, the team comes to work every day to make a difference and deliver the highest quality and best solutions to their members.They embrace new and innovative ideas, with the strength to create genuine, meaningful change.
How the Company appreciates You
- Pension and 401(k) with company match
- Medical and Dental Insurance; Life, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- Health and Wellness Rewards programs
- 10 paid holidays, 15 days of Paid Time Off
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Onsite dining, plus a fitness facility
- Discounted parking or shuttle service
Your Role with the Company
- The Sr. Developer, Hadoop is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications.
- As the Sr. Developer, Hadoop, you will lead a team of developers on projects as well as be a mentor to your team.
- The role will manage multiple priorities and be involved in conflict resolution with customers, employees, and management.
- This role is based in the Chicago office Located in the heart of city where you can feel the pulse and energy all around.
- Chicago is rich in history, arts and cultural diversity.
- The office is within walking distance to restaurants and Millennium Park.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
- 4+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- Expertise in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions on Big Data platform such as Hadoop eco-system
- Working knowledge of Spark and Scala/Python
- Exposure to SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development)
Monday, December 2, 2019