• Very well established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• Greater Baltimore area
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Role you will play:
• Compile and calculate reserves according to GAAP, Statutory and tax accounting requirements and actuarial principles, and analyze the results.
• Perform reserve trend analysis.
• Assist in the development of best estimate and reserve assumptions for traditional plans on Statutory, GAAP and Tax basis and/or required parameters for the reserving of interest sensitive plans.
• Process year-end valuation materials for Maryland and New York DOI.
• Provide support for reinsurance solutions including captive insurance companies and surplus relief, in addition to traditional forms of reinsurance.
• Expertise in valuation.
• 3 years of life insurance/actuarial experience.
• Experience in individual life and annuity preferred.
• Actuarial software skills (MG-Triton experience preferred.