Lead Data Modeler Consultant (Data Architect)
Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Richardson, TX
- The company is a statewide customer-owned health insurer. They believe consumers and employers deserve the best of both worlds: access to affordable, quality health care and top-notch service from a company that focuses on their customers.
- For over 90 years, the company has built a symbol that has come to represent the most experienced health care coverage organization in the state and the nation. Their mission is to provide financially sound health care coverage to as many people as possible.
- Community involvement – helping their members and communities to be healthy and well - is a huge part of this mission.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- 10 paid holidays, 15 days of Paid Time Off w/option to buy another week
- Pension and 401(k) with company match
- Life, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health and Wellness Rewards programs, bonus opportunities, and more
Your Role with the Company
- The Lead Data Modeler (Data Architect) is responsible for collecting, understanding, modeling, documenting, and communicating the data requirements necessary to build and integrate data models for business processes, including performing data rationalization, defining data element standards, and collaborating with information stewards, data analysts, and stewardship facilitators.
- This position is also responsible for developing the linkages (traceability) to the enterprise data models for application specific operational and analytical data models.
- This position is based in Richardson, Texas; or Chicago, Illinois.
- Richardson is located northeast of Dallas, close enough to enjoy all the delights of city life.
- The area offers a perfect blend of a strong economy with a collection of arts, cultural assets, parks and entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years professional technology experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the development of data models using the ERwin tool.
- Experience developing data models for operational, transactional, and operational reporting, including the development of or interfacing with data analysis, data mapping, and data rationalization artifacts.
- Working knowledge of data architecture and modeling practices and concepts including entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, abstraction, denormalization, dimensional modeling, and meta data modeling practices.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication to members of project team and project management resources, and within the department.
Friday, August 30, 2019