Kalos Consulting, Inc.
- Frederick, MD
• Very well-established company thats been around over 150 years.
• One of the world's largest insurance and investment management companies with assets are over $1 trillion worldwide.
• Company was certified as a “great place to work” which was based off of a survey from over 350 employees which over 90% said they take pride in their work and feel good about the company’s contribution to the community.
• Greater Baltimore area
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Group Term, spending accounts, disability, 401k.
• "floating" holidays, personal leave, health leave, bereavement, military.
• Tuition reimbursement, study program, seminars, industry committees,associations, societies.
• Sponsor sports teams, host family picnics, offer days off PTO yearly for volunteer work.
• One of the most affordable and livable cities on the east coast!
• Low crime area.
• Highly educated local population, great public schools.
• High quality dining, hiking, and other lifestyle opportunities, great place for active outdoor lovers!
Responsible for building IFRS 17 functionality into SAS to meet all reporting requirements. Support the project execution and direct external assigned resources in the aggressive completion of the accounting hub build out. Provide appropriate analysis and insights to facilitate decision making for company leadership, and support the Head of IFRS 17 Development in all IFRS 17 methodology decisions impacting the SAS build with parent. Provide review and analysis of impacts for all model purposes as appropriate.
- Support the Head of IFRS 17 Development in the timely execution of corporate actuarial deliverables to support IFRS 17. These deliverables encompass, managing outside resources, SAS model development, model review & analysis, model governance and control, and other work efforts as determined by leadership to support company’s approach to IFRS requirements.
- Liaise with model development, valuation, finance, investment modeling, financial planning, controller, IT, and the parent company to ensure models built using SAS or other software components are fit for the intended purpose and built according to the agreed model specifications. The model review methods should have diligence commensurate with the materiality and risks associated with the model purpose.
- Server as teams SAS System Administrator, managing user access and security model, system logging (issue triage & trouble shooting), and promotion & management of code cross environments
- Responsible for the integration of data across the solution, including supporting the mapping of data from staging to landing area and RFW solution, design, and configuration of data quality rules, design, and configuration of extracts and reporting data marts as required.
- Design, configure, and customize the CSM calculations. Design and configure SLAM, including Chart of Accounts, Accounting Rules, & Posting framework. Design and build the workflow process, running batch processes and checking outputs during development.
- Ensure required model reviews are performed and documented in a timely manner to satisfy all reporting and analysis obligations and to ensure sufficient time for model validation, user acceptance testing, MRCF model governance requirements, and all company policies and procedures.
- Perform appropriate sensitivities on models as requested.
- Help to automate procedures and processes outside of the SAS software to enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Document and communicate clearly the results of review and analysis highlighting all potential issues to stakeholders, local management, Chief Actuary, and the parent company.
- Support the development of attribution analysis and investigation of drivers of IFRS 17 earnings and profitability and create comparisons to Statutory, GAAP, Tax, EC, SII, and EV reporting, and other analysis as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
SAS modeling expertise
IFRS accounting expertise
5+ years of life insurance preferred
Proficiency with SAS required
Experience with System Administration, Data Integration, & Design and Configuration
Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
Proficient verbal and written communications
Database/Spreadsheet capabilities (Excel, MS Access, SQL)
Actuarial software skills in GGY Axis desirable
Economic Capital / Solvency II preferred
Statutory, Tax, GAAP, & IFRS (especially IFRS 17)
Thursday, September 19, 2019