Senior Backend Developer
- Raleigh, NC
Kelaca is looking for a Senior Software Developer – Back-end Consultant to work in a Hybrid capacity for a long-term engagement with our client partner in Raleigh, NC.
- Helping to architect and develop the back-end solution for a computational environment for defense systems.
- Working in partnership with other team members and peers by contributing to the overall development and decision-making process with a clear understanding of how these decisions will influence the overall solution.
- You will contribute to the integration of the computational, analysis, and visualization capabilities of the system.
Your day-to-day tasks will include planning and executing the development of back-end services that will be consumed by multiple environments via APIs. In addition, activities for the role include:
- Developing back-end services that align to the overall vision of the Department of Defense for the program.
- Working with the broader development team (e.g., front-end and DevSecOps teams) in defining an overall architecture that brings together all facets of the service and program.
- Collaborate with our customers, colleagues, and other teams in defining and developing an integrated solution.
- Contribute to our high-engineering standards on the team through quality code and process consistency.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Required: BS in Computer Science with 8-10 years of relevant work experience or 11-13 equivalent practical experience in lieu of a degree.
- Preferred: Masters or better in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing enterprise solutions with Kotlin, Java or another significant back-end language.
- Experience with API development using GraphQL, Java or other enterprise level solutions.
- Experience with automated testing, both in your development workflow and through CI/CD.
- True problem solver with a drive to find solutions to technical challenges.
- Experience working with Docker containers and associated management services (i.e. Kubernetes).
- Experience using GitLab and associated services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience deploying and integrating Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software into a cloud environment.
- Experience working on US Government programs.
Security Clearance Requirements:
The projects that will be assigned involve government work and US Citizenship is required. The selected applicant will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
NO THIRD PARTIES.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of Work in Office: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, 17.5 days PTO, 10 Holidays
Apply to Kelaca today so we can schedule a conversation with you to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
Kelaca is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate in employment based on:age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or other non-merit factor.
Friday, September 1, 2023