Senior Electrical Engineer II
- Tewksbury, MA
Kelaca is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer II (Analog/Power) for our client partner in Tewksbury, MA. We are seeking Electrical Engineers with knowledge of analog electronics, power electronics, and/or power systems. Responsibilities include working closely with a team of engineers to develop proven designs based on system performance and operational specifications. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of design experience, electronics knowledge, and hands-on laboratory skills.
The Power and Electronic Systems Department – PESD – is responsible for design engineering including the following areas:
- Power System Design – Power System Noise, System Simulation and Modeling, Solid State Transmitters, Tube Transmitters, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Generators
- Power Conversion – AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies, Power Factor Correction (PFC), Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS), Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
- Power Distribution – Ground, Air, Shipboard, and Space, Power Generation, Line Voltage, High Current, Low Voltage, Micro-Power, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
- Power Sub-System Design – Filters, Harmonic Control, EMI, Circuit Simulation, Magnetics, Protective Relay Systems, Short Circuit and Stress Analyses
- Control Systems – Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of related experience
- Modeling and simulation using PSPICE, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar computer-based tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Hardware development experience in a DoD environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead/manage a technical team
- Experience generating technical documentation and reports
- Knowledge of test and production methods for electronics/power system components
- Experience interfacing with procurement and manufacturing as well as external suppliers to ensure proper implementation of product designs
- Existing security clearance
Opportunities for continued growth include technical and management tracks including the following roles:
- Individual technical contributor: Highly technical track with opportunities for hands-on work.
- Team leader: Direct a team in completing specific tasks, reporting status and results as required.
- Program management: Direct a technical, cross-functional team on work related to a specific program or contract. May include budget and schedule management.
- Functional management: Direct employees’ career development, assignments, and performance while continuing to contribute to technical work.
- Engineering Fellow: Highly competitive classification for individuals engaged in advanced research and/or product development.
Organization and Key Competencies:
The Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo, and combat system competencies including power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas, and microwave sub-assemblies.
We innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise, and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas, and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Apply to Kelaca today so we can schedule a conversation with you to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
Kelaca is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate in employment based on: age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or other non-merit factor.
Thursday, July 16, 2020