- Durham, NC
Kelaca is looking for a qualified DevOps Engineer to join our client partner based in Durham, NC.
We are looking for a highly driven, adaptable, results oriented, technical leader to join the team as a hands-on DevOps Engineer. Successful candidates will have experience running Windows-based and Linux-based environments. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to successfully and cost effectively assist in managing cloud-based infrastructure (AWS) for a growing organization. In this role, you will help build a high performance, high availability, stable, scalable and secure cloud-based computing system that serves the Healthcare and Hospital industry.
- Orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration, monitoring and spend optimization of servers in the AWS cloud. Be the subject matter expert on DevOps technologies.
- Implement and maintain information security best practices.
- Assist in development of internal engineering productivity tools.
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
- Set up and tune monitoring to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues.
- Implement long term operations strategy leveraging cutting edge technologies.
- Implement CI/CD pipeline and automate all aspects of the SDLC
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of system availability, performance, and security.
- Manage virtual machines and administer servers running in private and public clouds
- Key player in configuration management, provisioning and orchestration
- Use tools to monitor and diagnose website performance and application performance management
- Provide on-call technical support, be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required
- Lead the assurance of network connectivity, perform network and security audits as well as system backups
- Automate pipelines and environments, build resilient systems and create repeatable processes.
- Ensure that service level commitments are achieved
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or equivalent experience and education
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps engineering
- Solid background with highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong background with AWS cloud technologies
- Scripting and interpreted languages, such as Python, json
- Experience with container based application architectures.
- Experience managing MySQL
- Experience with Java and open source technologies
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Containerized development- Docker, etc.
- Experience with standing up Windows environments
- Provisioning, administration and management of cloud-based resources
- Relational databases, including MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Working in start-up environments
- Experience with compliance controls such as SOC 2
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of Work in Office: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Apply to Kelaca today so we can schedule a conversation with you to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
Kelaca is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate in employment based on: age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or other non-merit factor.
Friday, August 7, 2020