Senior Data Engineer 2082
- Baltimore, MD
KeyPoint Consulting is seeking Data Engineers. This role combines software development and analytics experience so either of the following backgrounds is acceptable: a software developer with experience in data interpretation OR a business analyst with experience in software development, especially focused on process automation.
What you Bring to the Table:
- Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (Azure preferred but AWS is ok).
- Data Lake (Analytics and Storage),
- Data Warehouse / Synapse Analytics / Amazon Redshift
- Data Factory
- Logic Apps
- Data Bricks
- Other preferred technologies include: Advanced T-SQL (SQL Server), REST API concepts, Powershell, SSIS, PowerBI
- Experience in database design, architecture, and warehousing
- Experience creating ETL/ELT processes to move data between internal and external sources using APIs, ETL.
- Fundamental understanding of Data Lakes, Data Catalogs, Hardware and Network Topology
- Experience using data reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Cognos, SSRS, Qlik, Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about a variety of job-related concepts listed below :
- Algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (e.g. statistics, machine learning, information processing, natural language processing, etc.)
- Gathering data requirements from stakeholders
- Evaluating data collection for accuracy
- Data Governance concepts
- Mindful of practices, procedures and legal guidelines that govern PII and other sensitive data
- Ability to tackle complex problems with creative solutions when the path may not be clear.