Maintence Technician - Night Shift
- Ames, IA
KeyPoint Consulting is seeking a Maintenance Technician within Supply Chain for a direct hire position in Ames, Iowa. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation, repair, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of all production equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure plant reliability.
- Assist in maintenance procedures throughout the plant.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and replace damage or malfunctioning equipment
- Assist and in maintenance procedures through contractors / vendors.
- Troubleshoot PLC and use PLC to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Troubleshoot VFD’s.
- Train operators and maintenance technicians on machinery and technical competencies.
- Make analysis on the machine performances and provide corrective/predictive actions in case needed.
- PM scheduling for the equipment in the responsible area.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in defining the investment plan; suggesting interventions and the preliminary phases of R.C.A. (Request for Capital Appropriation).
- Involved in commissioning of new equipment installed which involves working closely with plant engineering department.
- Comply with the environmental policies and procedures at the facility including energy efficiency, reduce – re-use – recycle goals, reporting requirements and sustainable initiatives. Actively participate in the Spill Team, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Team and complete all tasks relating or involving any environmental aspects within the procedural guidelines
- Follows ISO22000 policies and procedures, address / communicate quality and food safety issues as they occur.
- AA degree in maintenance related field or three years of maintenance experience including (mechanical and electrical).
- Needs 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment to include utilites maintenance.
- Prior experience with computerized maintenance systems, experience with PLC’s (Allen Bradley and Siemans) and /or VFD’s (Allen Bradley) is a plus.
- Required to be a FSMA qualified individual, following all requirements from FSMA regulations
- Ensure compliance and understanding for quality procedures that directly tie to safety—PRPs, OPRPs, CCPs and FSMA requirements