This is a fulltime career role with an R&D firm that is creating an applied technology prototyping program for a military network planning and analysis tool.
This backend developer will be part of a team of10-12 engineers. The tool that they're building generates network plans and detailed designs for network architecture, IP addressing, Spectrum and Satellite resources, etc.
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
• Strong software and systems skills and experience in prototype development (C/C++, Java, scripting languages: Python/Perl).
• 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and integrating complex software systems.
• Knowledge of modern software architectures, including technologies such as microservices; message buses such as Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, or SOA-based Enterprise Service Bus (ESB); REST and SOAP Web Services.
• Knowledge of relational and document-oriented databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
* MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECRET CLEARANCE - if you don't already have it, you will be sponsored for the clearance through this company