System and Network Administrator (Linux / Python / Shell)
LaBine and Associates
- Silver Spring, MD
Fulltime career opportunity for Linux System Administrator to support enterprise IT.
The candidate will be part of a small team of system and network engineers performing administrative functions for the maintenance, upgrade, and troubleshooting of this IT, network, and cybersecurity infrastructure. The
position requires on-site work in the Silver Spring, Maryland location.
The candidate must have these qualifications:
- STEM degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Services)
- Minimum of 2 years working and extensive experience administering Linux/Unix, both desktop and server. We prefer CentOS and Ubuntu
- Linux scripting skills (Python / Unix Shell)
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and concepts, such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, VPN, and TCP/IP
- Basic network administration expertise for maintaining system
- Experience in computer hardware maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair (desktop and server) – examples include replacing hard disk or solid-state disk, upgrade memory, correctly identifying compatible hardware parts
- Experience in basic network device configuration and troubleshooting such as active or disable a switch port, trace routing paths
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting Linux device drivers
- Firewall administration experience
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xen, VMware, and or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Working experience in configuring iSCSI or other network-attached storage devices
- Fundamental understanding of Cyber Security or information system security domain of knowledge
Secret Clearance is not required, but will be an added bonus for this role!
Wednesday, September 23, 2020