Android Developer - Contract (Pasadena, CA)
LaBine & Associates
- Pasadena, CA
Android Developer needed for contract with Fintech startup in Pasadena, CA.
- Gathers, verifies, and educates others on technical requirements
- Develops technical designs for self and others as required
- Discovers and shares lessons learned and best practices
- Documents and updates new and existing documentation with latest learnings
- Mentors and trains others
- Learns from other teams and shares within own team
- Authors programming tasks for a user story or complete feature set
- Breaks down epics spanning multiple code modules into self-contained user stories
- Debugs code across n-tiers of code
- Implements unit testing within own code.
- Leads peer code reviews
- Leads effort to drive overall code testability
- May provide guidance and training to enable other team members to meet/exceed expectations.
- Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
- Works on multiple projects concurrently.
- Establishes on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Maintains status of project and monitors activities of team members.
- Works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participates in user/external group discussions.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of software development experience
- Deep understanding of Java and Kotlin development using Android Studio
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK (Activity lifecycle, Fragments, XML Layouts, FCM/GCM Push Notifications, Constraint Layouts, Material Widgets, media, camera, contacts, location, maps, and intents)
- Extensive experience with REST API integration
- Solid experience with at least one version control tool (git, Perforce, etc)
- Great understanding of a modern app architecture (MVVM, MVP, etc)
- Solid knowledge of at least one automated build system (Jenkins, Team City, etc)
- Great experience with Mockito unit testing
- Solid experience integrating 3rd party SDKs
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Participates in all Agile scrum ceremonies
- Contributes to improving processes and tools that relate to the teams execution and overall productivity
- Familiar with and contributes to engineering best practices
Monday, February 17, 2020