The process control engineer will be responsible for providing control system’s technical support to manufacturing operations on a daily basis.
Responsibilities will include modifying, creating and implementing control system code changes.
Additional responsibilities will include continuous process and safety improvement, updating the supporting control documentation and troubleshooting operations as needed by the assigned area.
This position will interface with the Process improvement, Manufacturing engineer and Team manager to make control system tuning and improvements based on department needs.
• Responsible for maintaining safe and reliable manufacturing systems during process control improvement efforts and/or initiatives, including but not limited to production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers
• Develop process descriptions, Process Flow Diagrams, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provide technical support during on-going plant operations and shutdowns
• Provide training on processes, process controls and changes to all department levels.
• Provide input to capital project scope and detailed engineering to ensure safe, reliable plant design, production at target rates and control of equipment.
• Support capital projects with process control code development and implementation for safe and reliable operations.
• Collect and analyze data to support current operation and make improvements and modifications.
• Implement projects and process changes following Management of Change procedures.
• Lead root cause analyses of process upsets and equipment failures to identify corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Participate in problem solving teams to identify, design and implement improvement projects including Six sigma improvement efforts
• On-call process operations support coverage on a rotating basis
• Support the development of the process improvement engineer within the assigned area, including possible mentoring.
• BS in Chemical Engineering (or EE) with 5 years’ experience
• 3 -5 years working in a manufacturing environment
• Prior experience in Process Safety Management (PSM) environment preferred
• Prior experience with DeltaV and/or Provox required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to contribute effectively as an individual and within a team
• High degree of initiative and ability to plan, prioritize, and work with minimal supervision.