LaBine & Associates
- Oxnard, CA
Production Manager needed to plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations by directing and coordinating activities of vaporizer production consisting of fabrication, welding, and electrical departments. The position is also responsible for processing materials and manufacturing products for both standard commercial products along with specialized customer projects.
- Increases production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Directs and coordinated production, the process of jobs on the shop floor for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Oversees that appropriate quantities of materials are available to meet production demands
- Reads and interprets blueprints of various components, products, assemblies, and electrical diagrams to provide technical assistance and maintain process flow
- Reviews production orders and/or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delay
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers ensure compliance with standards
- Resolves worker grievances and communicates with General Manager and/or Human
- Resources on such and for unsettling grievances for action
- Records employee performance and delivering performance reviews
- Manages own time and the time of others
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creates accountability and lead by example through strong team-building, decision making, and people management skills
- Maintains a safety-first culture and drives actions to maintain a safe work environment
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
- Develops and maintain site-wide business metrics to ensure targets are on track
- Oversees staff scheduling and maintains overtime requirements, vacation, and time-off requests
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions analyze information and choose best solution and approach to solve problems.
- Associates Degree/Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) with 5+ years’ experience leading a manufacturing/shop floor environment supporting a high mix/low volume manufacturing facility
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong computer literacy and experience with an ERP system; Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; AutoCAD knowledge helpful to check dimensions and construction methods for production
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the production of various goods.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020