Backend Engineer (Los Altos - remote during covid)
LaBine & Associates
- Los Altos, CA
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to manage and expand our backend stack and user experience. In this role, you will work with both a brilliant AI research team as well as a humorous frontend team with a goal of maximizing the impact of our technology to the world.
- Experience in software development for Consumer Applications, with at least 1 year full backend experience.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems. Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network protocols.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, message queue and security.
- Experience with all the major cloud vendors, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and AliCloud.
- Experience with building dashboards. (Good to have)
- Build our application/security/cache/data system and implement core business logic.
- Help our teams to build a 99.999%-uptime and global distributed infrastructure .
- Support the development of a platform that requires infrastructure design from scratch where developers and consumers can subscribe and build applications that power AI software in the photography and video editing industry.
- An eloquent, articulate, effective, creative and eclectic communicator
- Excellent listener and able to pick up implicit signals and understand key requests from other teams.
- Fearless, tenacious, relentless and always looking for improving our internal infrastructure t
Wednesday, June 3, 2020